There are a number of ways to reduce your carbon footprint at work. Some can be implemented straight away at no cost, others require investment but can quickly generate a tangible return on investment. Listed below are ways to reduce carbon footprint at work.
- Use as little paper as possible.
- Make back-up copies of important information and store them on a external hard drive.
- Set your printer to double sided printing.
- Position recycling bins around the business for paper, cans, bottles etc.
- Recycle or trade in old electronic equipment.
- Reduce business travel by implementing video conferencing equipment and software.
- Read video conferencing vs travel for more information.
- Implement a home working strategy, read Productive home working on the rise.
Turn off when not in use
- Does your business operate 24/7? Turn of computers, lights, and other electronic equipment at the end of a working day.
- Implement energy saving appliances and light bulbs.
These are just a few of the ways to reduce carbon footprint at work.