Video conferencing and AV specialist Videonations says the ‘sky is the limit’ after forming a new business partnership to provide cost effective and completely flexible cloud-based VC services.
Videonations has teamed-up with StarLeaf, hailed as the only cloud video conferencing service provider to offer hardware and software video solutions that are as easy to use as a smartphone, requiring no end user training.
The new partnership offers video conferencing services (scheduled and ad hoc) and a comprehensive range of endpoints (hardware and software) managed via the cloud – to reduce costs and eliminate the need for expensive infrastructure.
“StarLeaf consolidates our own value proposition and places us in a unique position to offer customers one of the most desirable and affordable cloud-based solutions available today, ideally suited to the mid market sector,” says Videonations MD, Ian Carter. “It delivers scheduled conferencing and a true on-demand, anyone-to-anyone solution that is as far reaching as the telephone and as easy to use as a smartphone. StarLeaf approached the video conferencing and collaboration market by starting with the user experience and a belief that if you can make a phone call then you should be able to make a video call.”
StarLeaf works with Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, Microsoft Lync and all H.323 and SIP devices – and offers:
- Scheduled and ad hoc conferencing services
- A touch screen interface, totally intuitive and requiring no user training.
- Ability to call anyone on any standards-based device (H.323/SIP)
- A complete range of endpoints for rooms, desktops, PCs, Windows, Macs, iOS, Android
- The ability to launch a multiparty ad hoc conference from any StarLeaf endpoint
- Guest Invite allows users to ask anyone to join them on video
- Screen sharing and video conferencing simultaneously
- Rich functionality for video and voice including transfer, forward, hunt groups, video mail, call history and speed-dial favourites
- Easy provisioning and management through a single web portal
- All calls authenticated and encrypted
“What we love about Videonations is its deep understanding of the UK market and its commitment to helping customers achieve value from their investment in video conferencing technology,” said Mark Loney, StarLeaf CEO. “With StarLeaf, Videonations has a complete solution that addresses the needs of all market segments. For the first time they can offer customers a cloud solution, combined with a great portfolio of software and hardware endpoints, at price points that make pervasive video a reality. “
His positive comments were echoed by Ian Carter who concluded: “StarLeaf delivers a video conferencing service that anyone can use and deploy without training or IT support. It has been designed for today’s workforce, is completely open and yet secure, and can connect anyone-to-anyone, on-demand, anytime and anywhere, giving individuals and teams all the flexibility they need to collaborate while on the move, at the office or from home. It is a major step forward.”