In the retail sector customer service is key. It is even more so in the food retail business. Good customer service in the food and beverage industry involves leveraging on up sells, taking advantage of customer loyalty and building brand awareness.
Such businesses rely heavily on up selling and cross selling opportunities. These opportunities can be missed if the business owners do not promote products correctly at the point of sale. This is where digital signage and audio visual solutions come into play.
These modern technologies are built for the task, giving food retailers the flexibility needed for quality customer engagement. Using the right technology and deploying effective content, businesses can use digital signage to improve the number of impulse buys recorded each day; dramatically improving the bottom line.
Aside from providing such businesses with opportunities for up sells, digital signage makes it easy for them to promote certain products in different time windows, or during particular seasons. It also makes it simple for them to launch exclusive new products for a limited time and share seasonal offers in a colourful and visually engaging manner. Visual information is king in today’s world.
So… what are the main benefits of digital signage in the food and beverage sector?
- The digital signage solutions of today are neat and compact. This means businesses don’t have to put up with bulky hardware, criss-crossing wires and general clutter. In the past this was a drawback of the technology; but not any more.
- These solutions make it easy to manage and communicate pricing, incentives, promotions and specials across a variety of locations, therefore reducing the advertorial content management costs. Some digital signage solutions, like Sedao technology, makes it easy for just about anyone to manage and update content from one central hub.
- Data generated for marketing campaigns is safe and can be backed up in the cloud with modern solutions.
- It is easy to manage which content should be displayed at what times of the day, and for what intervals. This makes menu management straightforward, even in fast changing business environments.
- Most of the solutions are energy efficient. They are much greener than printing menus over and over again. They pay for themselves in no time through the benefits that they provide.
- The content on digital signage boards is more interactive and fun than on static boards. It will resonates better with customers and therefore aids with brand loyalty.
Below are some businesses that have embraced digital signage and audio visual in their food outlets.
Sir Roger Tichborne in Loxwood, UK
In a bid to adhere to the new food allergy information law in the EU, this food retail business embraced the use of digital signage to communicate menu information to customers.
The digital signage solution deployed is an interactive system that allows customers to browse all of the menus and discover specific information about any item on the menu, including information on allergies. Managing the myriad of content would have been difficult without digital signage.
The technology means that content can be updated and scheduled for display at the start of the day and saved to the cloud, allowing the employees to focus on what matters, which is fulfilling customer orders and providing great customer service.
Burger King UK
This business formerly used static light box displays in its 700 food outlets, but, recently, they moved to digital signage boards. This solution was embraced as the business looked for tools that could help increase per customer sales value, reduce the cost of managing customer engagement content, and improve the way prices, day-parts and promotions were managed.
The digital signage technology deployed by the business helped the company achieve these goals within a few weeks of deployment, and the positive results have helped the business become more efficient.
Over the past few years this huge food retail outlet tested a variety of ways to expand the use of interactive systems that would enhance customer engagement and increase sales. Different technologies and solutions were used with mixed results before the company settled for digital signage solutions.
The digital signage solutions deployed increased footfall, boosted average customer spend, and made it easier for them to communicate average customer spend. Following deployment, sales improved by 11% and have continued to grow.
The food and beverage sector is very competitive. In the fast paced and advert filled world of today only businesses that understand the need to use interactive communication technologies can place themselves in prime position to grab the attention of their target consumers.
Restaurants, fast food outlets, and cafes, large and small are embracing digital signage and growing as a result.